Saturday, March 19, 2005

Can this be real?

The last week has been spring break, and I've spent less time on the 'puter than I usually do.

By now you know they've removed Terri's feeding tube. It's overwhelmingly depressing. I think Mary Kochan has said it best when I think about why Terri's situation bothers me to my core.
Mary says:

" A demonic fury has been let loose upon our land. Those who “frame mischief by statute,” as the psalm says, “band together against the life of the righteous and condemn the innocent to death” (Ps 94: 20, 21).

We were frightened by 9/11 — and with good reason. But we were not frightened by Roe v. Wade. Incensed, yes. Roused to action, yes. Moved with compassion, yes. But not frightened.

I hate abortion. I know it for the heinous crime it is, but I am not frightened by abortion because I cannot be aborted. But I can be starved. I can be dehydrated. And so can you.

Every American who is still thinking straight understands now that first they came for the unborn. And now they are coming for the rest of us. The cattle cars are being loaded."

Please read the rest of Mary's article on Catholic Exchange.com

No comments: